4 Advanced MVC
Until now, the main focus was on the basic patterns of MVC. In this chapter, we will observe the broader picture of a MVC application and how the patterns interact with the real world. We will analyse the following:
- Additional layers often found in UI applications: Service and IO.
- Advanced patterns required for Models and Notification strategies
- Common problems encountered during MVC development.
- Interactions with multithreaded programming, asynchronous programming and the event loop
- Techniques for debugging and testing of MVC applications
Additionally you might have to fight your toolkit because it prefers a specific implementation of MVC.